COVID-19 BC/Vancouver Updates
British Columbians who display any cold, influenza, or COVID-19 symptoms are recommended to get tested. Use the collection center finder or call 8-1-1 to find a testing center near you.
For updates from the BC government, follow their website or Twitter.
BC is offering provincial support and information at this website.
For updates from Vancouver's City Council, follow their website or Twitter.
City of Vancouver
Our plan for restarting our services and re-opening facilities aligns with the phased approach as outlined in the provincial government’s plan and considers public health direction. While civic theatres still remain closed, many facilities have reopened and services have resumed including:
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- Golf Courses
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Off-leash dog parks
- Many library branches, and a computer lab in Central library's Alice MacKay Room, offering 45-minute appointments for eight patrons at a time, with space for physical distancing
- Community centres began phased reopening on September 8
- Most indoor pools and many fitness centres are opening on September 14 or October 13
- The Kerrisdale, Sunset, and Trout Lake ice rinks are set to open on a modified basis on September 21