April 21, 2021
Affordable child care helps families get ahead while giving children the best start in life. Our $30 billion investment through Budget 2021 means:
- A 50% reduction in average fees for regulated early learning and child care, to be delivered before or by the end of 2022.
- An average of $10 a day by 2025-26 for all regulated child care spaces in Canada.
- Ongoing annual growth in quality affordable child care spaces across the country, building on the approximately 40,000 new spaces already created through previous federal investments.
- Progress in improving and expanding before- and after-school care to provide more flexibility for working parents.
- Continued progress toward high-quality, culturally appropriate child care for Indigenous children
Learn more about Budget 2021 and this crucial investment